Some of our clients’ stories have been featured in industry publications like Plant Services, Uptime magazine, Maintenance Technology and Reliable Plant. Click the covers to read how CountryMark, Alcoa, Cameco, Genzyme and U.S. Sugar implemented Reliability Excellence to improve performance.
LCE’s Powered by Rx® approach creates reliability-centric standard practices for business processes, operational and maintenance work execution, asset reliability and organizational effectiveness. Our “diagnose before prescribing” philosophy results in providing solutions that match our clients’ needs, including holistic transformations based upon our Reliability Excellence Model; targeted reliability and asset management services necessary to resolve specific, performance-limiting issues; and change management services vital to the success of most initiatives.
Some challenges our clients face:
- Assets not delivering expected performance
- Too much downtime
- Maintenance is reactive, not proactive
- Parts and inventory cost is too high
- Not meeting production capacity requirements
- Insufficient reliability makes asset management impossible
- Changing leadership and flavor-of-the-month syndrome
Some benefits our clients realize:
- Standardized work processes and procedures reduce variability, reduce risk and improve safety
- Stable foundation for Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement programs
- Established procedures and information systems as foundation for IOT technology initiatives
- Engaged employees capable of sustaining improved performance
Watch our videos on
The Reliability Excellence Model has five levels:
- Principles: Creating a foundation with vision and values
- Culture: Defining the new culture in which work is accomplished
- Processes: Implementing work processes that are defined, disciplined and effective
- Optimization: Optimizing work processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Sustainability: Measuring performance to ensure sustainability and continuous improvement
Learn how the levels of the Reliability Excellence model work to improve asset performance.
Whitepaper: Building a Business Case
Interested in learning more about the financial impact of improving reliability? Our resource guide, Building a Business Case for Reliability, explains the two basic elements of building a business case and provides two brief case studies to illustrate the potential business benefit of implementing Reliability Excellence.
How a Reliability Excellence assessment helps create a business case
Our clients rely on assessments for benchmarking, establishing a baseline for measuring improvement, or simply to improve the quality of their decision making when prioritizing continuous improvement activities. Assessments commonly precede holistic, transformational initiatives while also serving as an information platform for building a ROI-based business case.
The objective of a Reliability Excellence assessment is to examine and evaluate current reliability processes and practices as compared to industry-accepted best practices. The assessment scores 29 performance centers linked to the five levels of the Reliability Excellence Model and rates the organization on a reactive to proactive scale. LCE has conducted more than 300 Rx assessments and maintains an extensive experience base for applying this model. This analysis is used to build an implementation master plan and a business case for implementing Reliability Excellence.
Charleston, SC • 843-744-7110
Life Cycle Institute
Charleston, SC • 800-556-9589
General Information • info@LCE.com
Life Cycle Engineering
4360 Corporate Road
North Charleston, SC 29405-7445